Local Community Insurance Services
For the past 15 years, Local Government Risk Services, a division of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Pty Ltd (JLT), has been working with local government authorities to deliver insurance products to community groups. During more recent years when there has been significant publicity on public liability insurance for community groups, JLT through Local Government Risk Services has continued to provide a broad range of insurance products that have been tailored to meet the specific needs of thousands community group clients.
With a long term commitment to the community group sector we have now created a specialist business unit to expand the services that we are able to offer. On 12th December 2006, Local Community Insurance Services commenced its operations, which, via a strategic alliance with one of Australia’s leading insurers, QBE Insurance, can deliver:
- a specialist focus on the insurance needs of community groups and associations
- insurance products and services that are specifically tailored for community groups
- extremely broad acceptance criteria
- a service team which is experienced in both community group insurance and working with the requirements of both local and state government authorities
- a proven track record with community groups
- an Internet-based quoting system that reduces administration for our clients
JLT is proud of the insurance services it has provided to the community sector over many years and we believe that the establishment of Local Community Insurance Services and it’s strategic partnership with QBE Insurance will greatly assist the groups who use our services.
When working with Local Community Insurance Services (LCIS), community groups will receive an extensive range of benefits that include the following.
Our vast depth of insurance experience and working closely with the community groups has enabled us to deliver consistent products and prices over many years, with product and premium pricing has remained unchanged during the public liability insurance crisis of the past 4 years.
Our strategic alliance with QBE Insurance offers further benefit to our clients, as they have similarly been involved with the community group sector for more than a decade. Of more recent times, QBE were also the managing insurer for Community Care Underwriting Agency, an insurance organisation established with the support of the Federal Government to provide public liability insurance to not-for-profit organisations.
LCIS has developed an internet-based policy system that enables our clients to easily complete their insurance transactions from anywhere in Australia. Community groups that require specific underwriting considerations will be referred to a specialist team who will be able to provide them with specific insurance quotations.
Maximum Protection and Flexibility
LCIS is able to deliver an extensive range of insurance products to community groups. Our experience has confirmed that community groups will require some or all of the following insurance coverage’s to protect their risks:
- Public & Products Liability insurance
- Associations and Officials Liability insurance
- Personal Accident (Volunteers) insurance
- Business Pack insurance
For larger community groups or those that operate in more hazardous occupations, reference to the LCIS service team will provide easy access to insurance quotations that will be specifically designed to meet their needs.
Fairs, Festivals and Parades
LCIS is also able to provide insurance for fairs, festivals, parades and market stallholders. The LCIS website has been developed to provide information about these products and how community groups can purchase this range of insurances online.
Acceptance of Local Government Authorities
Recognising the important role that Local Government playing supporting community groups and events, LCIS will ensure that insurance products offered to meet the requirements of Councils and Local Government Liability Insurance programmes.
The premium structures offered through LCIS have been developed to reflect the generally low-risk activities of the majority of community groups, premiums are calculated by matching the risk profile and risk premium category for each group. Through this process the majority of groups are to obtain a competitive quotation and transact their insurance needs online.
We Can Cover
Insurance is available for community and Not For Profit Organisations (NFPOs) who have the following characteristics:
- Provide services to the broader community;
- Have an annual turnover/funding less than $5,000,000;
- Does not distribute profits to its members;
- Located in New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Victoria, Tasmania or Western Australia;
- Comprises mainly of “volunteer” members; and
- Provide a public benefit or serve a charitable purpose.
Examples of the type of community eligible for cover include:
- Senior Citizen Groups
- Amateur Sporting Groups
- Social Clubs
- Arts Groups and Galleries
- Hall Management Committees
- Mutual help and Support Groups
- Community and Neighbourhood Houses
- Street Parade Organising Committees
- Animal Clubs
- Community Park Committees
- Resident and Progress Associations
- Fundraising Groups
- Visitor Information Services
- Theatrical and Dance groups
- Music Tuition groups
- Community Recreation Centres
- Community Concert Bands
- Craft Groups and Fairs
- Youth Development Programs
- Literacy groups
- Resources and Landcare groups
Do Not Contact Council - Please contact Local Community Insurance Services Directly
Phone: 1300 853 800