Council's Local Law No 6 (Keeping and Control of Animals) contains the various requirements for the keeping of pets in the town area.
The owner of the animal is responsible for their pet's welfare and that the animal is kept within the local law and does not cause a nuisance to other people.
- A maximum of 2 dogs are permitted per property in the town residential areas
- Dogs over six months must be registered annually, or lifetime registration, if desexed and microchipped
- It is an offence to allow a dog to wander at large
- Council officers may impound any dog found wandering at large
- Fees are required to be paid prior to the release of any impounded animal
- Dogs that attack or worry people may be declared dangerous
Dog registrations are due on the 1st of July each year. Council offers a discounted registration fee for desexed and microchipped dogs of a $24.00 once only fee which will apply for the life of the dog, Council will require evidence to be attached to the registration application.
This is an initiative of the Murweh Shire Council to help dog owners comply with the new state government legislation aimed at reducing the number of unwanted dogs in Queensland.
A Registration Form can be downloaded below, please complete and return form to Council office.
Desexed and microchipped (certificate must be presented)
|First Dog (Entire or desexed)||$84.00|
|Second Dog (Entire or desexed)||$110.00|
All dogs impounded must be registered for the current year and pound fees paid in full before the dog can be released.
|1st Offence (Registered Dog)||$79.00|
|1st Offence (Unregistered Dog)||$243.00 + registration fees|
Anti Barking Collar/ Dog & Cat Traps
Council offers anti-barking collars and dog/cat traps for hire at no charge, however, a bond of $50.00 is required. Replacement cost to be paid for lost or damaged items.