Stock Routes/Wild Dog Control
Council manages an extensive stock route network across the Murweh Shire. The Stock Route Supervisor is Mr Blair O'Connor who can be contacted on 0427 541 286.
The Murweh Shire in conjunction with Agforce Charleville and the Department of Natural Resources host a Wild Dog Management Group made up of landholder representatives from across the Shire who coordinate baiting and other control programs in Murweh Shire. Major 1080 baitings are organised in coordination with Quilpie and Paroo Shires and usually occur in April and October of each year.
Control group coordinators are as follows:
- Michael Davies (07) 4654 0340
- Cathy Zwick, Brett McDonald (07) 4654 9104
- Lindsay Clover (07) 4654 011
- Greg Ballinger (07) 4654 2344
- Tim Williams (07) 4654 8204
- Glenn Roberts (07) 4654 5191
- Fred Bryant (07) 4654 9154