Murweh Shire Australia Day Awards
Nominations are Now Open for Murweh Shire's Australia Day Awards
The 2022 Australia Day Awards recognise Murweh’s unsung heroes. The awards pay tribute to the special people in our community who have gone above and beyond to help improve the lives of others and contribute to a diverse, friendly and strong community.
This special person could be your neighbour, a friend or someone you have come across through your local school, church or sporting group. Whoever comes to mind, they are someone who works selflessly to help improve your life and the lives of others.
The efforts of these quiet achievers can often go unnoticed in our busy lives. The Australia Day Awards are about taking the time to ensure these remarkable individuals are honoured and receive the recognition they deserve.
- Demonstrated excellence in their field over an extended period of time.
- Demonstrated significant contribution across more than one category area.
- Demonstrated community leadership capacity.
- Ability to represent Murweh Shire Council as “Citizen of the Year”.
Young Citizen of the Year (up to 24 years of age as of 26/1/22)
- An individual person of 24 years and under who has made a significant contribution to the community.
- Someone who has achieved high levels in his or her chosen filed and acts as an inspiration and role model to his or her peers.
- Nominees will have supported, played, promoted or encouraged sporting activities during 2021.
Community Event or Organisation of the Year (most outstanding community event or organisation during 2021)
- An event that has significantly provided contribution to the community.
- An event that has provided social impact and involvement within the community. or
- An organisation that has established genuine involvement and long-term value to the life of their community.
- An organisation that has provided social impact and involvement within the community.
Arts, Culture and/or Environmental Award of the Year (most outstanding arts, culture / environment during 2021)
- An individual or group who is leading the way in making the Murweh Shire Council a place where people and nature can thrive. or
- An individual or group who has made a significant contribution to arts, culture and/or the environment in the local and/or wider community.